Prospective First-year SCS Majors at the University of Illinois
Prospective First-year Students interested in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering should apply for admission to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) and choose Chemistry or Chemical Engineering as your intended major.
Degree Programs Offered:
|Science & Letters||Chemical Engineering Conc.|
|Science & Letters with Secondary Ed Minor||Biomolecular Concentration|
|Specialized Chemistry (ACS Certified)|
Who are our students?
Fall 2016 Enrollment:
- 700 Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Majors
- 573 Chemistry Majors
- 294 Science and Letters Majors
- 240Specialized Chemistry Majors
- 32 Computer Science+CHEM Majors
- 7 Science and Letters Majors with a Secondary Education Minor
Post-Graduation Career and Graduate Level Statistics
- ChBE and Spec. Chem
- 10% go to Grad school
- 90% go to Industry/Governmental Job
- Chem Sciences and Letters
- 35% go to Grad school
- 34% go to Industry/Governmental Job
- 21% go to pre-health
- 10% teach
New Student Resources:
- 32,000+ Undergraduate students, and 1,300+ CHEM and ChBE Majors!
- Register for an Admitted Student Day or a Campus Visit
- Find events near you
- Accept your admission to Illinois!
- Sign-up for your Summer Advising Appointment (On-Campus and Virtual available)
- Hear more about campus life, academics, opportunities, etc.- from current students!
- Get the Inside Scoop from our Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Advising Ambassadors blog about their experiences and share insights into facilitating academic, personal and career success.