- We will have three information sessions about the secondary education minor, they will be on the application process, the timeline, and any other questions. The dates/times/locations are below:
- Tuesday April 17th @ 4 PM in Lincoln Hall 2043
- Friday April 27th @ 2 PM in Lincoln Hall 2043
- Thursday May 3rd @ 11 AM in Education 333
- The time frame for this summer (2018) application has been changed. The application period will now open on August 1st and will close on September 21st. if admitted, you would start the professional education sequence in the following Spring semester.
- Another new policy, you will now be able to take remaining content area pre-requisite courses in the fall semester to be eligible to apply to the minor program. The fall semester will be the last chance to complete the content area pre-requisites to start the minor sequence in the spring. The grades you earn in these courses will be checked following the fall semester to make sure you earned the state of Illinois required C- or higher.
- If you are looking for an elective, or wanting to gain more experience with teaching, Prof. Adam Poetzel is offering CI 199-AP/Best Practices in Secondary Education in the Fall 2018 semester. It will be on Thursdays from 2PM to 3:50PM. This course is an elective and not required for the minor or your degree program.
As always, if you have any question or concern please contact me through email, by phone @ 217.300.0806, or schedule an appointment with the online scheduler, I’ll be under LAS Student Academic Affairs Advising – https://my.atlas.illinois.edu/advising/