Students working in chem lab

The School of Chemical Sciences also offers two minors; a minor in Chemistry and a minor in Biomolecular Engineering.

Chemistry Minor (Students Catalog Year Fall 2015 and Later)

Chemistry Minor (Students starting UIUC Summer 2015 and Earlier)

Students who want to be included how

Biomolecular Engineering Minor

You must have completed 30 hours to sign-up for a minor.

  • The Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor must be submitted to the student’s college of enrollment prior to the last day to add a class in the semester in which the student intends to graduate to assure timely processing. Please print this form out and bring to Express hours for SCS Advising.
  • No priority for class registration will be given for the minor.
  • The Minor form must be submitted to your college office prior to the last day to add classes in the semester you plan to graduate.
  • You cannot graduate with an unfulfilled minor on your DARS audit.
  • Students should review all minor requirements on the Provost “How to Declare a Minor” site as well as the minor form.

Minor Modification Form (Used to cancel a minor)

Students can sign-up for the minor by meeting with an advisor during the SCS Express Advising times. Please bring the minor form filled out to the Express Advising Meeting.